Using Camouflage Cover
How and When to Use Civilian and Military Camouflage Netting
When people think of camo netting, many imagine army personnel with their faces smeared with mud, hiding beneath the typical tan, gray, and sage green cover. But camouflage cover can be used for so much more than high-stakes military operations. With such a wide selection of camo netting on the market today, you can find netting for virtually any situation.
For example, you can increase your chances of a successful hunt with hunting blind netting. You can also improve your cover in snowy operations with white netting and conceal yourself or your equipment in the desert with tan netting. There are even nettings available for use in urban areas. Whether you need camouflage cover to observe nature or heavy-duty military camouflage netting to protect yourself from enemy detection, there are countless ways in which camo netting can keep you concealed and help you successfully accomplish your mission.
What is Camouflage Netting Made Of?Camo netting is designed to conceal people and objects from detection by animals, other people, drones, aircraft, boats, binoculars, and more. In order to accomplish this, netting has to be made from realistic colors and patterns. Civilian and military camouflage netting – such as the products from Camo Pros Unlimited – feature a variety of crucial characteristics that ensure optimal concealment. These features include:
- Fire-retardant, waterproof, and UV-treated materials for optimal cover in any scenario
- Resistance to rot, mold, and glare for a longer service life
- Rip-stop fabric for dependable use in any situation
- Custom sizes to suit your operation
- Lightweight construction for easy portability
How Does Camouflage Netting Work?
Camo netting’s unique features work together to create a patterned shadow, which breaks up the distinct outlines of a potential target. These targets can be people, military equipment, military supplies, undisclosed structures, and covert entrances. Because camouflage cover can be used to hide so many things, it can be utilized in a variety of situations including:
- Observing nature
- Bird watching
- Paintball, airsoft, and other outdoor sports
Camouflage Netting in Combat Situations
In combat situations, military camouflage netting limits the enemy’s ability to detect personnel, vehicles, weapons systems, and other equipment. Because certain types of netting can also absorb heat, thermal cameras are likely to pick up scattered heat sources, leading the enemy to assume that they’ve detected small animals, rather than people, vehicles, or structures.
Other Benefits of Camo NettingFor high-stakes paintball and airsoft players, as well as hunters, camo netting’s thermal properties are also beneficial. Cover yourself, your blind, or your hiding space with netting to avoid detection by thermal sensors and animals. In addition to cover, camo netting provides the following benefits:
- Quick and easy use anytime, anywhere. This is especially important in combat situations where cover is needed as quickly as possible.
- Can be cut and layered into any shape or size for optimal cover in any scenario.
- Comes in a wide range of patterns to help you blend in with your surroundings. Conceal yourself in the woods, jungle, desert, snow, and even urban settings.